Saturday, November 30, 2013

Waxelene Review

I was given the opportunity to try Waxelene for free in exchange for a review. My opinions are 100% mine and 100% honest. As always, I am under no obligation to write a positive review and I'd never accept something that requires me to give one. Now, let's get started.

First off, you might wonder, "What exactly is Waxelene?", and my answer to that is, "A petroleum jelly alternative." Then, you may ask, "Why do I want and/or need a petroleum jelly alternative?" And the reason is that petroleum jelly is not a natural product. It is actually a by-product of oil production, and it's absorbed into your body every time you use it! Or... at least according to this source here. Another source (here) actually says that "Refined USP Petroleum jelly is not the same as the "Petrolatum" defined by the Chemical Abstract System (CAS) definition found in the EPA Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Inventory" and that it is actually a "refined and purified product of heavy waxes and paraffin oils". So, I suppose it all depends on which source you trust more for your answer, but as for me, I'd rather just go on the safe side and use something else with natural ingredients. Waxelene.

Next, a bit about the company's story. Todd Cooper & Ejyo Remington are the minds behind this product. They researched about petroleum jelly and skin care and were determined to make a high quality petroleum jelly alternative. It took hundreds of tests, but eventually, they were able to make Waxelene. You can see the full story here.

Now, a quick overview of the ingredients and uses before I get into my review.
There are only 4 ingredients in this alternative (You can read more about them here):
-Organic Soybean Oil (full of anti-oxidants, fatty acids, and soy isoflavones to help increase your skin's firmness, elasticity, suppleness, and health)
-Beeswax (to lock in moisture, protect, soften, and regenerate skin)
-Organic Rosemary Oil (provides natural anti-oxidant properties to rejuvenate skin and improve blood circulation)
-Vitamin E Oil (helps provide protection and regenerates skin cells with its anti-oxidant & anti-inflammatory properties)
A few uses include (You can see more here):
-Moisturizing your skin pretty much anywhere
-Makeup removal
-Softening callused feet
-etc.

Finally, my review. 
The first thing I noticed was the packaging. It had pretty cute packaging with the little bee and light yellow color. It has a flip-top cap similar to some toothpastes and it's easy to open and close.
 It has a yellow color and has a gel like consistency.
Since I usually use petroleum jelly for my lips, that's what I used Waxelene for in my test and here are my results.
It applies easily onto my lips like petroleum jelly and after a little while, sort of "melts" and feels more like an oil. At first, it had a weird scent, but now, it barely even bothers me. Its taste isn't really like anything, either. At first, it was quite unpleasant, but again, I hardly notice it now. As for the amount I put on, now that it's winter, I need more of it on my lips to truly feel like they're moisturized. But for the most part, you only need a tiny dab of it. It leaves my lips with a nice shine after using it and its moisturizing ability is quite good. It moisturizes pretty well and softens & smooths my lips about as well as petroleum jelly. Of course, after I take it off, they slowly dry up again, which is a bit annoying. Also, when I go to wash it off in the morning (I leave it on overnight), it seems to leave more of a residue on my lips or it seems harder to wash off. Overall though, I would recommend it. It works as well as petroleum jelly for my lips and it has all natural ingredients, so I'd say that it's a pretty good product.

Well, that's it for this review. Thank you for reading and I hope it was helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment