Friday, July 5, 2013

Twisted Sista Hair+Scalp Fix Rescue Me Kit Review

Recently, I was allowed to try out Twisted Sista's Hair+Scalp Fix Rescue Me Kit and review it on this blog. Naturally, I was very excited to try out their new line of hair care products. My hair is rather normal. Sometimes it does get oily & sometimes it can be dryer than it should be. Also, sometimes my scalp becomes oily or itchy. Now, I'm not going to say that Twisted Sista fixed it like that *snap*, but it certainly did help. 

First though, let me give you a little background info on Twisted Sista. They are based in the UK and they make hair products for everyone. Whether you have curly hair, straight hair, or anything in between, chances are they have a product for you. Also, about their products themselves, although this isn't the main reason I buy my haircare products, it definitely is a welcome bonus, which is the fact that every one of their products are free from sulphates, parabens, phtalates, and mineral oil which is better for your hair. Also, on a side note, some of Twisted Sista's products have won awards from Latina Magazine and Shecky's. 




Now, onto the line itself. In this line, there are 3 common ingredients. Keratin, Macadamia Oil, and Baobab Oil. The Keratin strengthens your hair and reduces breakage, the Macadamia Oil thickens & conditions your hair, and the Baobab Oil makes your hair shinier and maintains your hair's health. If you want to learn a bit more about these ingredients, click on the names of them and they will bring you to a couple sites that may answer some questions. If not, Google is always an option. (Sorry for not being too helpful) 


Finally, onto my actual review. I will tell you right now that a few of my comments are the same in all four products. Please bear with me as I write this review. 

Strengthening Shampoo:
The scent was a cucumber-melon-y type of scent. It wasn't really my favorite as I prefer scents like strawberry or say Garnier's apple like scent. But, this really depends on you. Perhaps you like this scent, or maybe you don't like any scent at all, or maybe you're like me and prefer strong fruity ones. We're all unique and like different things. That's just how we are. Anyway, I want to say that it was the perfect consistency for me. Not too runny, but not too stiff either. It cleaned my hair very well, but as my shampoo seems to do lately, it tangles my hair a bit. I believe that it did strengthen my hair and I liked it overall. Despite the scent, it lived up to my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone.

Strengthening Conditioner:
It was the same scent as the shampoo, so you know how I felt about it. It was creamy, but not greasy, which was really nice. Again, it had a good consistency. Like I said, the shampoo had tangled my hair, but the conditioner detangled my hair easily. Afterwards, it was easy to brush and there were no snags. It rinsed cleanly and left my hair well moisturized, shiny, soft, and stronger. Unfortunately, it retains its scent while my hair is still wet. Overall, I liked it. I think it performed very well and I believe that anyone would be happy with it and I would recommend it.

Deep Conditioning Mask:
For this mask, you only have to apply it once every week and it truly works well. It applied easily and evenly, but it did feel a bit greasy on my wet hands. However, it rinsed cleanly, so I didn't really have a problem. It has the same scent as the other products and worked very well. It moisturized & conditioned my hair well and untangled my hair. It's performance was just as good, if not better than the conditioner, which is expected since it is a more "powerful" product. Afterwards, my hair was smooth, shiny, and uber soft. I definitely would recommend. Especially to those who frequently have dryer hair.

Restructure & Repair Treatment:
The purpose of this treatment is to replenish your hair's Keratin levels and improve its elasticity & strength. I have no way to really tell if my hair's Keratin levels have been replenished, but I believe in the results. Again, it had the same scent as the other products. It was very easy to apply and doesn't weigh down my hair. It also doesn't make my hair feel greasy. It absorbs into my hair very quickly & easily and you only need a small amount of it which I liked. It made my hair even shinier than before and I really liked it. I would recommend it for sure.

I hope you found this review informative and I hope that you do check these products out because they really are amazing. 

Also, check out their Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and of course website.

Disclosure: I received the above products for free in exchange for a review. Regardless of that, these are my honest opinions and they may differ from yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment