Saturday, June 29, 2013

Neocell's Hyaluronic Acid Blueberry Liquid & Beauty Bursts Review

Recently, I was contacted by Neocell, a company which promotes beauty and fitness, to review a couple of their products and I chose their Hyaluronic Acid Blueberry Liquid, which comes in a glass bottle and looks like this:


The first thing you're probably thinking is 'What the heck is hyaluronic acid?' and trust me, that's what I was thinking when I first saw this. So, let me inform you a little bit about what is hyaluronic acid, why you need it, and how it relates to your health/beauty.

Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is found naturally in your body, especially in the fluids in your eyes and joints. It helps provide lubrication in your eyes & joints and control tissue hydration & water transport in your body. Which also leads you to have smoother, more hydrated skin. 
As you age, the level of hyaluronic acid in your body gradually decreases. And since it cushions and lubricates your joints and eyes, it leads to some joint problems and eye problems. Also, some people take it to help these joint problems (like osteoarthritis) and sometimes it is used in certain eye surgeries. 

Now, my review. Personally, I'm the type of person who can't take vitamins if it doesn't taste good. It's rather childish of me, I know, but I just can't do it. Which was why I was pleasantly surprised with the taste of this. It didn't exactly taste like blueberries to me, but it tasted like pomegranate juice and I love that stuff. You only need to take 1 tablespoon a day, and even if you don't like the taste, you can add it to your fruit juice, water, or even your tea! Although, I prefer just drinking it plain. In addition to the hyaluronic acid, there is also vitamin C in this and Neocell has enhanced it with the antioxidant power of pomegranate, green tea, and blueberry. In terms of results, I can't say that I see or feel a drastic difference after drinking it, but I can see that my eyes seem to be wetter/more lubricated and my joints seem more supported. I would recommend it to those who are older and are starting to feel/are feeling pain in their joints. If you haven't felt this pain yet, this might be a waste of money for you as you probably don't need it yet.

Included in my package, there was a sample of beauty bursts. As the name suggests, it enhances your beauty because it provides you with collagen, hyaluronic acid (there it is again :)), and vitamin C. The benefit of collagen is simply that it helps minimize fine lines & wrinkles, helps improve your skin's elasticity, adds body and slows down hair loss, and more. Okay, maybe not so simple. Collagen itself is something your body produces, however, after you turn 25, that production rate slows and it causes many aging problems. I'm not going to go too deep into this, but if you want more information, click here. The link will take you to their page and there is no label or picture because it is a new product of theirs.

As it was a sample, I can't give that good of a review, but the first thing I thought was sticky. It was very sticky and it was rather hard to get it off the wrapper. It might have been because of the heat, but that was a bit annoying for me. Once I got it in my mouth, I found that it didn't taste that bad. It tasted like some sort of fruit, but I'm not really sure what. It was 'super fruit punch' flavor, so I suppose it was a blend of some sort. It was chewy and luckily didn't stick to my teeth (I've had times where sticky things just wouldn't get off) and easy to swallow. Think really soft, sticky starbursts. Again, I couldn't really see or feel a difference, but I also didn't have enough to really do a long-term test. Overall though, thinking about what is inside these bursts, I would recommend it to people 25 or older, since after 25, the production rate of collagen slows leading to aging problems. 

I hope this review was informative and helped you out in deciding what to buy next.
If you want to try a product, but you're not sure how good it is, go ahead and request me to review it. I will gladly take suggestions to review something if it is in my power to do so.

Disclosure: I received the above mentioned products for free in exchange for a review. Nevertheless, I would never post something I don't believe in and my opinions were completely honest. My opinions may differ from yours, but hey, everyone is different and are entitled to their own opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment