Saturday, June 1, 2013

Green Earth Pan by Ozeri Review


Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting reviews lately, but today I have a new thing I'm reviewing and it's different from what I usually review (i.e. health & beauty products), but I hope it's helpful.

Most of us probably have non-stick pans, right? But did you know that those pans use PTFE (Do you really want to know the full name?), which, when used at very high temperature can decompose and release fumes that can be lethal to birds & small pets and harmful to you too? Did you also know that those pans are made with PFOA, which the EPA classifies as a pollutant to the environment? I sure didn't know that and when I did, I was like, "Seriously? I've been using that this entire time and I didn't know it?" Which is probably how you're going to feel when you see this.

Well, with this pan, I don't have to worry about that because it's made with GREBLON (R), a 100% PTFE & PFOA free ceramic non-stick coating.


My first impression of the pan was, it looks good. The bright green color really pops and stands out against the typical black pans laying around your kitchen. Then, I tested it out and cooked an egg in it. I put a little oil, cracked the egg, and cooked it. While cooking it, it seemed like the egg was sticking on it at first, but with a little bit of light scraping (as needed with all my previous non-stick pans), it lifted off. The light scraping didn't scratch the surface which is also a plus. Also, while cooking it, I noticed how the handle was comfortable in my hands and how the pan wasn't too heavy and was easily lifted. I also noticed the hexagonal pattern in the pan. I checked my box and it said that it "creates air pockets which distributes heat". Although, I couldn't really test it, the idea makes sense because typically, a pan & the food in it is heated with conduction, but this used convection which would probably distribute the heat more evenly. After cooking, clean up was easy as well and I cleaned it like I do my other pans (i.e. with soap, water, and a sponge). Overall, I would recommend it because it is better for the environment & me, not to mention, the non-stick coating really was non-stick, and it cooked well. 

I hope this helped you all find a better pan and I'll write more reviews in the future.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment