Monday, July 9, 2012

No-Ad Sport SPF 50 Sunscreen

So, I know I haven't been posting many reviews lately, so I thought, why not do one now?
So, I'll be reviewing this No-Ad Sport SPF 50 Sunscreen.

But first, I just want to share with you a few tips as to buying sunscreen and what to look for in a sunscreen.
  1. First, you need to find the right SPF level which depends on the amount of time you expect to be outside. Simply multiply the amount of SPF by 4 and voila, you get the amount of minutes you can stay out and still be protected.
  2. Look for the words "Broad Spectrum" which basically means that the sunscreen was tested and proven to be effective against UVA rays
  3. Also, about those "water-resistant" claims. If it says it is resistant for 80 min, it means that it can go through 4 20 min. swims with drying time in between and still be effective. So, be sure to reapply as needed.
  4. Don't use too little!!! It could lower the SPF rating and have a lot less protection.
  5. Apply before you go out! Some ingredients take time to work.
  6. Be careful not to miss places like, behind your ears, your lips, and your feet.
  7. If you are also using a product with DEET, get a higher SPF rated sunscreen because it could lower the effectiveness of the sunscreen.
  8. There are plenty of tips, but one of the most important is not to rely on your sunscreen. Also wear a hat or something to cover your face, stick to shady spots, and other things.
Those are my tips today.
Now, here's my review.


When I was buying this sunscreen, I was looking for the words "Broad Spectrum", "Water-resistant (80 Min.)", and "Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation" (which usually means that the sunscreen has everything you need). I found No-Ad and I was like OK, good, it has everything I need. I liked it, but as usual it had its pros and cons.

Pros:
  1. It protected very well, as long as you apply every 3 hours (50*4=200 min. of protection).
Cons:
  1. The smell wasn't the best, but it's like all other sunscreens, so I don't mind it that much.
  2. For some reason, after I applied and let it dry, I rubbed it a little and little grains of something came off my skin. It only lasted about 5 min, so again I didn't mind it that much.
Overall, I liked it and I would probably buy this again.

I hoped this helps you choose a good sunscreen and I hope you have an awesome sunny summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment