Thursday, December 12, 2013

Skinnaturals Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
I was given the opportunity to try this skincare set by Skinn Cosmetics for free in exchange for a review. My opinions are 100% mine and 100% honest. As always, I am under no obligation to write a positive review and I'd never accept something that requires me to give one. Now, let's get started.
First, a little about the skin care line. 
This line is a line specifically made for sensitive skin types and it is meant to allow you to "wave goodbye to irritation, redness, and wrinkles."
And it's formulated without:
~Parabens
~Sulfates
~Petrochemicals
~Phthalates
~Synthetic Fragrances
~Synthetic Dyes
~Triclosan
~GMOs
~Gluten
~Soy
~Nuts

Now, my review.
The cap for all of these were easy to take off and they all had a pump top. They also all had a rubber/plastic plug for the pump's opening. I dampened my face first and proceeded to use it. It pumps right away and it has a creamy white color. You only need one pump for your entire face and it is easy to apply. It doesn't really lather up and has a creamy formula. It has a cucumber-like scent that I personally disliked because I found it rather strong. It was easy to wash off and left my skin a bit dry and a bit tighter. Overall, it wasn't that bad, but the scent was not my favorite.

Like the cleanser, it only requires one pump to cover your entire face. It has a creamy, light green/pastel-y mint color and it was easy to smooth onto my skin to create a thin layer. It has a lighter cucumber scent compared to the cleanser, which I appreciated. Also like the cleanser, it has a creamy consistency and is absorbed quite quickly by my skin. After using it, my skin felt slightly moisturized. Overall, it was a much more pleasant experience than the calming cleanser because of the scent and I liked that it moisturized my skin a bit.

The creme also has a creamy mint color and it's easy to apply with its creamy formula. As usual, one pump is plenty to use for your entire face. About the scent, before applying it on my face, it had a light cucumber scent. However, the scent got stronger as I continued to apply and it started to smell really bad when I applied it around my nose area. I really didn't like that. Overall, my skin was left moisturized, but, in my opinion, the scent was really gross. Also, it didn't seem to completely absorb into my skin and the excess felt a bit greasy. 

Overall, I didn't see many results in the redness department, but in terms of moisture, it does a pretty good job of it. Next time though, I'd probably put less of the creme on. Besides results though, I really didn't like the scent, so overall, I don't think I would recommend it. That's just what I felt though. If you like cucumber scents, I would recommend this to you, but to me, it's just too strong.

Okay, well, that's it for now. Thank you for reading as always and we're wondering what to do about the 5,000 Facebook fans celebration. What do you guys think we should do? Feel free to comment, message, etc us any ideas :).

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment