Monday, August 12, 2013

Saratoga Peanut Butter Co. 'Chillin' Chocolate' PB Review

Hey everyone! Welcome to another review!
No, this is not a sponsored review. I've been doing a lot of those lately, but I wanted to review something else. I wasn't even thinking about reviewing this when I bought it at the grocery store, but after I tasted it, I decided to go ahead and review it. So, here it is.

A Little Background Info

First, I'll tell you a little about the company, as usual. In Saratoga Springs, NY, 2005, a plan was created to make a peanut butter that would be absolutely delicious, and yet retain its nutrition. From this plan, the Saratoga Peanut Butter Company was born. They use whole ingredients and make their peanut butter in small batches to control quality and freshness. If you would like to learn more about them, go ahead and check out their website here.






This peanut butter was absolutely delicious. At the grocery store, my daughter had seen it on the newly installed local foods shelf and she had wanted to buy it because it was peanut butter and it had chocolate in it. Two things she really loved. I had told her, sure, you can get it and we did. When, we opened the lid and peeled off the protective seal, I noticed two things, 1. It was slightly separated, so we would need to mix it first, and 2. It had real peanut chunks in it. I usually buy creamy peanut butter and I never see actual chunks, so I was slightly surprised. It made me happy to know that there were real peanuts in there. I know, I know, kind of stupid. Anyway, we spread it on some bread (it was not too thick or too thin, it really had a good consistency) and took a bite. Both my daughter and I agreed that it was some of the best peanut butter we have ever tasted. In addition to it being a local product, it's also 100% natural, there are no preservatives, it's gluten free, and there are no hydrogenated oils! In fact, the only ingredients in there are peanuts, sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, and vanilla. Now, back to the taste. I could clearly taste both the peanuts and the chocolate and it wasn't too salty. I find some peanut butters to be too salty for my taste, but I don't know about you all. It spreads really easily at room temperature and has a yummy peanut buttery smell. I'm not exactly amazing when it comes to taste descriptions, but honestly, if my picky 13 year old daughter likes it, I think you and your children will like it too. Therefore, yes I would recommend it.

If you liked my review and you think that you might want to buy some of this PB for yourself, go ahead and check out their online store here. They have all different kinds of flavors and even a little sampler pack for sale.

I hope you enjoyed this review! Let me know if you want me to review anything, I would be happy to buy it and give you my honest opinion, as long as it fits in my budget :).

No comments:

Post a Comment