Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Packaways Review


PackAways are boxes used for storage that fold flat when you're not using them. They also include two dry erase boards on the side and front of the box to label what is inside. They are very durable and work well.



To set up, all you have to do is open it up (the plastic is a bit stiff, so you'll meet a bit of resistance here) and slip the little tab into the slit on the side of the bottom. Then, you can put whatever you want to pack away into there and close it up by folding the longest sides first and then folding the shorter sides' "dog-ears" and slipping them into the holes on both of the long sides. Like I said before the plastic is very stiff and it takes a bit of elbow grease to fold them right. Overall, in terms of set up, it is relatively easy, but the plastic is a bit too stiff for my taste and is quite hard to fold into place.

The dry erase boards were a part that I thought would be great to use, so that I would know exactly what's in there if I ever wanted to take something out. However, when I used an Expo Dry Erase Marker to write something, instead of clearly drawn lines, all I got were letters made up of little drops of ink. Also, the marker was not very easy to clean off. I pretty much had to scrub it off instead of using just one fluid swipe.

When you are ready to put it away/fold it flat, all you have to do is push the bottom where it says "push" and then it's flat. So, that aspect of the box was very easy to use.

Overall, if you are just wanting some storage boxes for any short-term storage solution(which would be a good use of the folding flat aspect) I would recommend this for you. But, if you are looking for a long term storage solution, a plain storage container might be a better option for you.

If you think this would be a good product for you, you can buy them at this website here. (Note: this is not a referral link or anything of the sort, this is just a plain old link that anyone can use.)

They also have other models such as the tote and the under-the-bed.

I hope this helped you find a better product or learn more about a product!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment